CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super Speller!

You may remember my mom's previous post showing how much I've learned from watching The Letter Factory . Well, after seeing my success, my mom decided to get The Word Factory too! She thought it would be a bit over my head, but she was wrong!

This morning, while playing with my alphabet fridge magnets, I spelled Cat, Bat, Mat, Dog, Log, Frog, Dad, Ox and Up all by myself. Then I told my dad I wanted to spell Octopus. Together, we sounded out the word and spelled it with my magnets. The trouble is...my dad doesn't know how to spell Octopus. Apparently, he thinks it is spelled Octapus. So...I had to correct him. (How embarrassing...) So there you have it folks--it's official. I'm a better speller than my dad.

Mom has been trying to catch my spelling talent on video so you can all see it, but we usually play spelling games in the car and she claims she can't work the video camera while driving. She's really going to try to get me spelling with my magnets again so check back to see me in action!

1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Go super-Poki! That is amazing! He'll be reading in no time.