CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Poki's Christmas Program

The ham doesn't fall far from the...um...tree? Well, whatever--today I proved this fact by performing beautifully in my preschool Christmas program. Well, except when I announced to everyone that I didn't feel like doing it anymore...or when I sat down while everyone else was standing, explaining to the audience that I was getting tired. Okay, fine. So, I'm not the ham my parents thought I was...at least not in the way they were hoping. Frankly, Mom was a nervous wreck all morning because she knew if any kid was going to change the words to the songs to make it extra silly or take a flying leap off the stage, it was going to be me. Fortunately for her, I sat perfectly the whole time...even when I wasn't supposed to be sitting.

Here are some highlights from the performance. (Don't be fooled by the star on top of the tree--the real star appears around the 50 second mark.)



Truth is, most of the time, I was bored out of my skull.



Or just plain mad...like when they sang The Dreidel Song. I wanted to sing that song, but NOOOO, I had to sing Oh, Christmas Tree.



For those of you who don't already know, I'm so obsessed with dreidels right now, I've asked for one for Christmas AND I've told Mom that I want to be a dreidel for Halloween next year.

Then it was time for our adorable send-off!



Pretty cute, huh? Aren't you amazed by how well behaved I was? I mean, I was like a perfect little angel! Okay, okay...Mom might have left out one small detail. This was her real favorite part of the performance...and the video that will be broadcast on a big screen at my wedding rehearsal dinner. There is really only one way to describe it: Classic.



After our amazing performance, we went downstairs for a reception (aka: fancy snack) where guess who was waiting for us!? You'll never guess. It was none other than Santa's much older and skinnier brother, Feeble Claus!



Whatever. He gave me a candy cane. He's cool.

And that's that, folks! Happy Holidays to you all!

3 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Seriously cute. Even the picking. And he was the best felt picture placer of them all...I mean, the tree girl was pretty precise and all, but Carson was prompt and accurate and went right back to his seat. I was impressed.

Solaris Law Group, P.A. said...

Agreed. He is quite the felt placer. He may have a future there. And it was ADORABLE. I even (tried) to watch the boogie picking/eating. (I could hardly type it without throwing up).

Fleur said...

Can't believe I hadn't commented on this yet. I watched the videos multiple times, they were so hilarious. Also loved the dreidel comment. Did he get one for Christmas? Now that hanukkah has passed, has the obsession as well? Hope you guys had a great holiday in TN.