CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

This year's Halloween lasted about 2 weeks and we could not have had more fun!

It all began with my and Scarlett's second anniversary celebration at "Boo at the Zoo." (More about that later!)



Then this Friday, we started off the day with a trick-or-treat seminar at playgroup. Okay, it wasn't so much a seminar as if was a practice round where the parents sat in chairs around the room and handed out healthy treats to all the kids who came over to them and said "trick or treat!" It was super fun.





Then Friday afternoon, we finally carved jack-o-lanterns! We each had our own this year--which is a good thing because Mom and Dad have begun an intense competition and they need their own pumpkins. The new thing about this year is that I had my own too! Even Leroy had his own!

Here are Mom and Dad's all lit up! Mom says they modeled them after each other.



This is Mom's



And this is Dad's



And this is mine! (Mom says I can help carve one next year, but I did help scoop the goop out of the bigger pumpkins this year).



And here is Leroy's! He's a really good artist--especially considering he has no thumbs.



After pumpkin carving, we went to East Rock park for an outdoor movie! First, there was a parade starring the kids in costume, then we cuddled up and watched "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" on the big screen. It was so much fun! We brought dinner and Dad even brought a thermos of hot chocolate to help keep us toasty. Unfortunately, it was very, very dark so Mom couldn't really get many pictures.

Here's a picture of all the kids in costume swarming around Ruby's dad, who was leading me and Ruby to the parade starting point.



And here is a cute shot of my dragon paws while I'm enjoying my picnic supper.



The next morning, we went to a touch-a-truck fundraiser. Mom will post pictures from that later!

Then, that night, we went...drumroll...trick or treating!!!!!

The gang: Scarlett the princess girl, Holden the bat, and Poki the dragon!



The dragon in action...



We met up with my friends Jessie (the princess) and Martha (the cowgirl) too. Here we all our heading up to a house.



After a bit more than an hour, I was exhausted. Dad had to give me a ride home.



But that exhaustion didn't last for long! After trick-or-treating, we had a pizza party at our house! Scarlett, Holden, Ruby, Lyla, Jessie and Martha (and their parents) all came over for pizza...and for the older non-pregnant folks, beer...and for the much younger folks, candy! In fact, at one point, the younger crowd all hid behind the rocking chair in my room and got into Jessie's candy stash. No one knows exactly how much we ate, but when Mom looked behind the chair later, it looked like a gang of mice had gotten loose in a candy store. There were candy bits, lollipop sticks and wrappers everywhere. I pretty much had the time of my life.

I can't wait for next year!!!

2 comments:

Fleur said...

Oh my gosh, I'm tired after just reading that post. But what fun! I'm glad Carson was so into all of the activity this year. Bummed that we missed the movie in the park, it looks like a lot of fun (as does everything).

Cheeky Baby said...

Wah! Halloween went by so quickly! But it was just as awesome as I knew it would be. (Well...minus the random stomach bug/pink eye/fever thing.) I already can't wait until next year!