CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 30, 2007

What's new with me

Hey guys. Poki here.
I realize I haven't written in a while, so I thought I would fill you in on what's been going on with me since I was born.
First Babushka came to visit. She's my dad's mom. She's really fantastic. She speaks Russian to me, and you know, sometimes I think I understand what she is saying--at least as much as the English I hear.
When I was 9 days old, Granny came to visit. She's my mom's mom. They call her the baby whisperer. She's never met a baby that didn't instantly fall in love with her. She has lots of experience with babies and she says I am the best. I still can't get her to admit that I am the cutest, but she will admit that I am the best behaved, sweetest and most easy-going baby she has ever known.
Let's talk about that. You guys have seen the pictures, but not all of you have seen me in person, so let me just tell you all: I am a good baby. My mom and I work really well together on the eating and sleeping thing. She nurses me about every 2 hours during the day so I will sleep longer at night. It's not easy on her because it means that half of her day is spent nursing. But it works out well because I only get up once in the night to be fed and I usually go right back to sleep after that. On a normal night, she nurses me at 9:00, puts me and herself to bed at 10:00 or 11:00, then I wake up about 3:00 or 4:00 am to eat, go back asleep by 5:30, and then I sleep until 8:00 or 8:30. It's pretty amazing.
Last Wednesday, I went to the doctor for my 2+ week checkup. He said that my personality now is pretty much how it will be. He said that I will only do better and better. He also said that I made a mistake my letting my parents know that I could do things like eat well and sleep for long periods at night. After my exam, he told my parents that I am a perfect baby. Well, duh. I already knew that. But he's a doctor--and you know if he's saying I'm perfect...
Well, that's all for now. I have decided it is time to eat and so I feel like crying rather than writing.
More later...
ps
Enjoy the beauty that is Poki in the latest pictures.

0 comments: