CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Handyman

This weekend, my parents finally ended their 3 year long search for a new living room rug. My mom is so happy, she never wants to leave the room again. But, as is always the case, the new rug sparked dreams of new curtains and other decorating details. So that, in a nutshell, is how we spent our weekend. You would think that would be boring for me, but no! See, hanging curtains involves something pretty darn fantastic: Tools!

As soon as Dad pulled out his tool box, I had to find my tool belt to help him.









Finally, I had lots of fun measuring everything in the house from the table, to my mom's foot, to myself. (Sorry...apparently my Mom's new camera doesn't rotate video as it claims...or at least she hasn't figured out how to do it.)




(Disclaimer: I do not have a new "50's greaser" hair style. I'm having some allergy issues which have resulted in very, very dry skin all over my body. Mom finally gave in and slathered my head in vaseline. I know...how gross. If any of you parents out there have experienced this with your kids, my mom would love some feedback!)

3 comments:

Fleur said...

Love the rug!

Robin used cortaid on Quinn's dry skin and it went away in an hour - maybe ask your dr. about that.

Penelope said...

Eucerin is the way to go! They may make something for heads. I think I can help you with the video camera. Let's discuss...

caroline flanders said...

love the black dog sweatshirt! Val, you make me laugh. but i know it's not really funny. poor Carson's dry skin & vaseline-slathered-head :(