CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3 Weeks of Ping Pong!

Today, I am three weeks old and boy! It has been quite a ride so far. I'm not going to lie...this week has been pretty difficult. I went from sleeping really well at night (going to bed about 10:00, waking once around 3:30 to eat, going right back to sleep and waking up again around 7:00) to waking up once around 1:00 and staying awake, leaving my mom with about 2-3 hours of sleep every night. Then, last weekend, I started crying and wouldn't stop. It was more than the usual fussy baby stuff. I would scream and scream for more than an hour straight. I would stand straight up and punch my little fists until I turned purple. It was awful. My parents could do nothing to help me. After multiple conversations with the pediatrician and a trip to urgent care, I was diagnosed with GERD. I'm on medication now, which is helping a bit, and my mom is beginning a dairy-free diet to see if that helps too. So far, so good. I still get pretty fussy during most of my awake time, but I don't scream until my mom's ears ring like she's been to a death metal concert. Hopefully this will improve more and more as I get bigger and my digestive system becomes stronger. I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Now, because I haven't been in the best mood this week, Mom hasn't really taken many pictures of me.

Here I am wearing a hat my mom made for me. In case you can't tell, it says "Ping Pong."



Here are some pictures Mom took of me this morning. This is what a 3 week old Ping Pong looks like!







a

And here is a video of me chillin' in my vibrating chair. Look out for a cameo by a certain awesome big brother.

4 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Yep. Still adorable.
All I see is Carson. In fact, I thought you HAD posted 3 week old Poki pictures for comparison. I had to go back and reread your description twice because I was convinced that's what you had done. And...his eyes got lighter, no?
Aren't those vibrating chairs the best?! Both my guys loved them. Scarlett napped in hers till she was almost a year.

Penelope said...

Totally adorable. I'm impressed that your voice sounds chipper as ever and that you are even finding time to post video. Keep em coming.

Miranda said...

He's REALLY gorgeous Val. You are so blessed. XOXO

Fleur said...

Hard to believe that this little bundle of cuteness was making all of that noise! I'm glad he was diagnosed and hope hes all better soon ... and back to almost sleeping through the night.