CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Welcome Ping Pong!

Hi folks! In case you haven't heard, I'm here! I took my own sweet time because I am just chill like that. My big brother came 2 weeks early, so everyone (including my mom and all her doctors) were certain I would too...but...they were wrong. In fact, I still didn't come on my own. My mom was induced 5 days after my due date. As I said, my lack of concern with punctuality should have been a clear indication of my personality. I am as laid back as they come. But when it was time to come out, I didn't waste any time.

So on Wednesday morning, Mom arrived at the hospital around 8:30 or 9:00. They put her pitocin at 10:00, broke her water at 12:00, she started hard labor around 12:30 or 1:00, started pushing at 2:42, and I was born at 2:55. How's that for a time line?

Here are some pictures from my first day in this big world:

Just seconds old. My mom really loved her nurse--she let my mom reach down when just my head and shoulders were out and my mom pulled me the rest of the way and onto her chest. It was amazing. This was taken right as Mom put me on her chest.



Mom looking up at the clock to see what time I was born.



One of the reasons Mom was induced is because there was some concern about how enormous I was going to be. One of her doctors hinted that she might be giving birth to a full-grown man. I mean, those weren't his exact words, but he might as well have been saying that. And...look at me! I am pretty big.



Who am I kidding? I'm flat out tubby. No skinny newborn frog legs for me!



But I still was not as big as they predicted--not even close! Just 9lbs 4.4 oz.



When's lunch?



After getting measured and cleaned up (so far I love baths!), I was taken to my mom...



Where I finally got to meet my big brother Poki!



I have a feeling he is pretty much going to be the best big brother ever.



Don't you agree?



Back in my Mom's room, I also got to meet my grandmothers! Here I am with Granny...



And Babushka!



So far, I think I'm going to like this place. I'm already spoiled rotten!

Here are my stats, for those interested:
Weight: 9 lbs 4.4 oz
Length: 20 1/2 inches
Dark brown hair and brown eyes (Already!)
Oh! And my parents named me after my two amazing grandfathers: Raleigh Thomas.

Check back in for more pictures...assuming my brother doesn't figure out what's up and try to flush me down the toilet before then...

2 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Flush him down the toilet?! No way! He's already loved entirely too much to be flushed down the toilet - EVEN by a big brother (seriously. I heart Raleigh already)...and - it doesn't look like he would even fit down the drain. Holy moly that is a big baby! They weren't kidding. And you weren't kidding about the lack of newborn frog legs! But it's good you guys don't have to wait for those biteable chubby thighs to develop...they're already there. :) He looks awesome. We love him and can't wait to meet him. It sounds like you had a perfect birth and now have a perfect baby because of it. We love you guys! Warm congratulations to you all. Glad to have another Bubba in our adorable crew.

Penelope said...

Congratulations Val! I have to say that I see a bit of you in him. And the legs? Wow. Totally munchy. I hope you are home and recovering well.