CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day Of School! (Sort Of...)

Today was orientation at my preschool, which means that my folks and I went to my new school for an hour today to meet my teachers and have a little info session. So while it wasn't really the real first day of real school, it was still a big enough deal for my mom to freak out over. (Big surprise). Here are some pictures!

I woke up this morning and came right into my folks' room, yelling: "It's the first day of schoooooool!" Here I am, yelling again as we were leaving. Hurray!



My school is close enough to walk!



Arriving with the other kids.



Hanging up my down vest in my cubby. (By the way, it was chilly this morning, but was in no way cold enough for a down vest. I just wanted to wear a down vest. Period.)



Ahhhh... (My mom is dying right now).



During the info session for parents (while the kids played in other rooms), there was a long talk about how you can help your kids prepare for separation from their parents. After, the head teacher asked if anyone had any questions. Mom raised her hand and asked what we can do to help our kids leave the school, because she thought I would have no trouble with Mom leaving me, but I would have trouble going home. Sure enough, when my new teachers said it was time to find our parents and go home, I melted down.

I think I'm really going to like school...if only I could live there.

Check back on Tuesday for news about my real first day of school!

1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Look at him!! So cute! Awww, Carkey. Such a big boy now.