CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ping Pong!

My sweet Ping Pong,

When you were born, I felt guilty knowing that I would never be able to give you the attention I gave your brother. I knew you would have something wonderful from the very beginning that he did not—a sibling—but that sibling is a strong-willed, extremely loud, brilliant kid. I knew it would be easy for his shadow to cover you, and so, like all mothers inevitably do, I worried. Boy, did you show me. In the flash of time that has been your first year, you have proven yourself to be even more strong-willed, even louder (that screech!), and just as bright as your big brother. You are a presence all your own, my love. No one, not even your crazy brother, can hide you.

Everyone said I would be amazed that I could love another child as much as I loved my first, but I had no idea how true that was until you got here. I am so in love with you. I am so grateful for you. You have done something amazing to our family. The other day, we were all playing together on the floor, and I stepped back for a minute and just watched my three guys. I couldn’t believe that there was ever a time when you weren’t there. It feels like you were just born a month ago, but I have to work to remember our family without you. From that first cry, you changed us.

I love you, Pork Chop.

Happy Birthday!

Mom

6 comments:

erinn conn said...

Great video. I cried all the way through from the second it started. Happy Birthday!!!! We are so excited to meet you on Saturday!

Cheeky Baby said...

Oh Val. That was beautiful. SOB! The new Raleigh cries in the beginning totally did me in. Happy birthday Raleigh!

Anonymous said...

Well hell, you certainly have set the bar now haven't you. TOO SWEET. I think I love him.

Unknown said...

So beautiful Val. Really...

Fleur said...

Happy Birthday Raleigh!!!! It's so fun watching you grow up even from afar. You are one beautiful and blessed little boy! xoxoxo

Sofia said...

oh my god, his teeth make him look so grown up. and so adorable. wish i could see you guys more often. happy (um, late) birthday, raleigh!