CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

The Beach (Some Videos)

Here are some videos from my time at the beach!

Poki's First Steps, Part Two: This Time It's Sand.



Sand isn't easy to walk in, but I quickly got the hang of it. I even figured out how to run in it! Some other people were running in it too, like the lady in this video. I thought she wanted to play chase, but it ends up she was exercising, whatever that is. I guess what I call playing, she calls exercising. PotAYEto, PotAHto.

There was also this really awesome sandcastle on the beach that day that looked like a Mayan ruin, and man, did I want to knock it down. I kept running right to it. My dad wanted to let me tear it down, but my mom kept saying the someone spent alot of time on it and that person might be really sad if we destroyed it. Dad thought that was silly and would have been a character-building experience for that person. Mom, again, thought Dad was crazy. In the end, the Mayan ruin survived, but not without my mom and Babushka's intervention. Even so, I had a blast on the beach. It totally suits me and my crazy monkey ways.



After a week of cooking every meal, we decided to all go out to dinner last night. We went to Calabash for some famous Calabash seafood (super-dooper deep fried seafood). When we sat down, the waitress brought us a basket of hushpuppies. Guess who loved them? That's right! Me. I loved them. I pretty much ate an entire basket of hushpuppies by myself. My mom kept hearing my Aunt La La's voice in her head saying "You can't eat too many pears!"--that's what she and Uncle Tom said as Cousin Elizabeth ate pear after pear, then promptly threw them all up. Unlike Elizabeth, I kept my hushpuppies down, but I won't tell you what my diaper looked like this morning. TMI!

You would think that this video was only my introduction to hushpuppies, when in fact, I had already eaten about 20 of them. This was just when Dad decided to give me entire hushpuppies, rather than breaking them up into small pieces. It took me a minute to realize what they were, but once I took a nibble, I realized...it was hushpuppy. Wonderful, delicious, scrum-diddly-umptious, mouth-watering hushpuppy. Mmmmmm...



Finally, here is a video of me saying goodbye to my cousin Sam. I really love this guy. He is so cool and was so nice to me. I had alot of fun with him this week and I was sad to see him go. Hopefully I'll get to see him and Uncle Shorty and Aunt Julia sometime very soon!

1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

The running video is hilarious! I'm surprised the woman didn't stop running to investigate why your small child was screaming at her. I'm also surprised that she didn't stop running because she must have been laughing too hard to keep running.
Also, I'm glad to see that you joined the "give your kids large hunks of food to knaw on which keeps them busy" club. We also joined on our Lake George vacation, and surprisingly, the second hunk of something to knaw on was a hush puppy as well. Ours was from Long John Silver's though, and not a nice seafood restaurant...but hush puppy regardless. Glad you're back! When are we hanging out?