CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Week In Review

Last week was a bit crazy at my house. First of all, I had a virus of some sort which made me not very much fun to be around, but now I'm better. The good part about being sick is that Mom and I stayed home most of the week playing and hanging out. Here are some videos from the week.

I'm really trying to talk now, especially during meal times. That's when Mom and I discuss our day. Unfortunately, it's also when she quizzes me on my body parts, which I find very annoying.



One day, to switch up our meal time routine, Mom set up a picnic for me and my friends in my room.













I also got really interested in my house. I spent quite a bit of my days hiding in there from my mom.



I'm growing increasingly independent and have been trying to dress myself. It's not as easy as Daddy makes it look.



I think that's because his shoes are easier to put on.



One thing that I have mastered taking off is my diaper. I've pretty much got that down. That's why I am no longer allowed to go without pants.



That diaper was brand new and clean, just so you know! And I eventually did find my diaper pail, don't worry.

Like I said before, I was sick this week. My mom knew it, but for some reason, I didn't believe her, so I still tried to speed around the house all day long. Then I would get really cranky because I was so tired--and I even threw up once. It was my first time ever. It was weird. I just looked up at Mom like: "What just happened???" In order to keep me from over-exerting myself, my mom turned on the TV--something she doesn't normally let me watch. I mean, Mom and Dad have stuff on in the background while I play sometimes, but she doesn't normally put on shows especially for me. Last week, though, she actually turned on Sesame Street. That's right! I met Elmo. And boy did I like him. I liked them all, actually. (Insert Mom's sigh here).









1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Poki was sick again? I didn't even know. For a week?! We hope he's feeling better! And welcome to the pukey club. Scarlett is a two-time member...but hopefully not the president b/c I hate that club. Hate it. You're so lucky you were home.

If Carson is anything like Scarlett (which we have discovered is very much the case for both of them) he is saying "up" in his high chair video. I swear he is. Scarlett does the "all done" too (with an adorable flip up of her hands), but mainly does the "up." I think she realizes that fewer syllables will get her back to her toys quicker.

Okay...picnic. I have mixed emotions about this video. I can't decide if it makes me upset that I work full time...or very very happy that I work full time. Isn't it fun that they are starting to "share" food/cups/phones/toys with people/dogs/stuffed animals?

Oh...and I gave up on fighting Sesame Street. Really...there are worse things that could happen than being mesmerized by big birds, grouches, and furry monsters. Plus, in my case, it soothes a savage toddler.

Oh...the Houdini removal of the diaper is another club they are both members of. My boss suggests duck tape and I'm seriously this close to trying it.

Playdate soon? Please!