CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

This Easter, my parents decided I was old enough for us to begin a family tradition. The night before Easter, we put all our Easter eggs in my basket and left it on the porch for the Easter Bunny. We dyed eggs last week, but we decided to leave plastic eggs out for the bunny so he could hide them in the night without critters eating them. (Video and pictures of the egg dying fun will be posted very soon!)

Here we are, leaving our gift for the Easter Bunny:



Then this morning, when I woke up, Mom got me dressed so I could go outside (it was freezing!) and see if the Easter Bunny took my eggs. Guess what? He totally did! And he left me some special treats in my basket!



After I got over the initial excitement of the "Easter Bunny Cookie Chocolate" that soon became my breakfast, I agreed to follow the Easter Bunny's trail of eggs leading from my front porch, down the stairs, through the flower bed in the front yard, up the driveway, and into the back yard.

At first I was totally into it. Then my cookie became endangered and I lost focus. I still searched for a while, but it was really cold and I eventually gave up on the eggs and asked Mom to carry me back inside. This video was really long, but Mom edited it a bit so you could just see a little of my superior hunting abilities (and not-so-superior color identifying abilities).



Finally, after Mom carried me inside (What? I was cold! And I worked really hard hunting eggs...sort of...), we had breakfast and took a closer look at the other goodies in my basket. I got 5 new books about trains and trucks--AND I got a really cool new toothbrush. All I wanted to do for the rest of the day was brush my teeth...which is a good thing after my chocolaty breakfast!



Happy Easter, everyone! Check back in--There's much more to come soon!

1 comments:

Penelope said...

Oh Boy - Christmas is around the corner. You are in for a great one!