CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You Should See The Other Guy

As many of you know, my dad was in London again last week, but Mom and I had a ton of fun on our own though. Mom pretty much scheduled back-to-back activities for the whole week. It was really fun, but it left me with some scars...physical scars. Let's just say that I haven't had the best luck this week. See, it all started on Tuesday, when we were going to Nate's house for a playdate. Mom was carrying me up Nate's driveway when she stepped on a bit of black ice and slipped, falling forward. She was able to catch herself with her knee and one hand, while holding me with the other arm. Thankfully Nate's dad was there to catch my head, otherwise I would have hit it on the asphalt. That was one instance where luck was on my side.

Unfortunately it didn't last long. Wednesday morning, after a fun time at Toddler Tunes, I bonked my head pretty hard. Mom doesn't even know what happened because she was carrying some groceries into the kitchen when it happened. All she knows is that I started crying and I had a giant, purple goose egg on my forehead. It seriously popped up in 2 seconds--like on the Flinstones. The next morning, I hit the same spot while playing at Kid City. It literally looked like a goose egg on top of another goose egg. Then Friday morning, when Mom came to get me out of my crib, she saw that I had blood all over my nose. She was terrified that my nose was bleeding, but once she cleaned it up, she realized I had just scratched myself badly enough that it bleed quite a bit.

You'd think that was enough, right? Well...not quite. Sunday, I went for a playdate at Scarlett's house, and here is what happened. (Brace yourselves...this is not for the faint of heart).



As you can see, I bonked myself good. Mom and Lauren (Scarlett's mom) even checked my pupils and made sure I was walking okay. After they were sure I was physically okay, they asked me the standard series of questions to make sure I didn't have a concussion.



Fortunately, I did not need to go to the doctor, but I did need to wear a bandaid for couple of days and I've had to endure many strangers stopping me on the street to ask what happened to me. I can't exactly blame them. I mean, look at my face. My mom's been trying to get me to say this for my first sentence: "You should see the other guy."



6 comments:

Penelope said...

ooh, ouch, bang, he really is a boy...

Cheeky Baby said...

And it's somewhat sad to say that all of his battle wounds look slightly better in these photos than when I last saw him in person.

Cheeky Baby said...

And I must add that despite the bumps, drool and bruises, he's got the bluest eye and the longest eyelashes in that last photo!

Fleur said...

Holy crap, Val! Is this what I'm in for in a year?

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to figure out what he reminds me of in that last picture and it just hit me! He looks like a Hoo from Hooville--like Cindy Lou Hoo's baby brother!

Well, her baby brother who's been through the wringer...

Holly said...

Oh my gosh! That was a really hard hit! I can't get over that last picture.. he is so beat up but still so precious!