CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Call From Santa

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

This morning, I participated in a Thanksgiving tradition: I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my mom and dad. There were tons of giant cartoon character balloons and dancers and singers. It was awesome! I loved it. And do you know the best part? I discovered Santa Claus. Yep. Mom's been telling me about him for a couple of weeks, but today I saw him. At first I called him Boompa (and one of his elves Shvia), but Mom explained that he's not Boompa--that he is sort of like Boompa, but that Santa is magical and loves well-behaved children so much that he brings them all presents on Christmas. This Santa guy sounds really cool! I was so excited about him that Mom thought it was time for me to call him. Apparently Mom has an "in" with the guy, so she called him up. Here is some video of that phone call. (Please forgive the following: #1. My mom's appearance. It was her promise to herself that she remain in her PJs all day today; bird hair, glasses, giant sweatshirt and all. #2. The dumb video camera. It cut off the first video. Santa's bringing Mom a new one for Christmas).



3 comments:

Kimmy said...

He is really starting to look like you Val. You both seem so happy, which makes me happy! I can't wait to see you and let the boys play. I wish they could be close like we were!!!!
(when do you find time to do this)

Cheeky Baby said...

I love the faint little "santa" at the end. So cute.

Anonymous said...

"Santa" oould make an extra living on the side around this time of year, making phone calls. I remember Liz looking at me several years ago and saying, "Santa sounds an awful lot like Grandaddy."