CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Rachel and Charlie's Wedding

Yesterday was not only Father's Day (Happy Father's Day, Daddy!)--it was also Rachel and Charlie's wedding! This was my first wedding, and let me tell you--it is exactly what I want my and Scarlett's wedding to be like. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start from the beginning.

First of all, the wedding was on Long Island, so we took a ferry there. That's right--you heard me! A FERRY! Otherwise known as a really big boat. Yeah, it was pretty much the best day ever from the get-go.





The wedding was at the home of Bunny and (the late) Bill Hoest, creators of The Lockhorns, among many other cartoons. Their house was amazing! My favorite part was the beach.





But that wasn't even the coolest part of the wedding. I mean, there were many cool things about this wedding...like the breadsticks.



And a huge tent that was supported by firemen poles. At least I pretended they were firemen poles. But even that wasn't the best part.



There was dancing...or at least running...and nearly knocking down women with canes.



They also had cake. And I'm not talking about just any cake! Take a closer look...



Your eyes are not deceiving you! That is in fact a Woody, Bullseye and Jesse cake topper. Now this is my kind of party!



And it was delicious too...but even that wasn't the coolest part!





After the wedding, I had a pretty major first in my life. It's something I've wanted to do for more than a year now. I had my first bus ride!!! And even that wasn't the coolest part.







Are you ready to see what the coolest part was? Here you go! Get ready, Scarlett! This will be us in 20 or so years...if we're willing to convert to Judaism.




How fun is that?! I mean, they were in chairs! And people picked them up and danced around! That's AMAZING!

The whole day was fun! We had a blast and are so happy we got to celebrate with our amazing friends, Rachel and Charlie. Mazel Tov!







(Blogger's note: Rachel crocheted her dress, people! Can you believe it?!)

4 comments:

Penelope said...

Carson looks so handsome...awww...what a fun day!

Anonymous said...

How much fun was that?!?!?!

He looked like such a little man in his vest.

I have to say, I love her dress, then I read what you said about how she crocheted it. How crazy is that? Amazing. How many women in the history of the world have crocheted their own wedding dress? I'm saying four, maybe five tops. What talent.

Aunt La-La

Cheeky Baby said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I was reading the post with such interest and then I realized that I met this couple at Carson's first b-day party and then I was even MORE interested! Congrats to them. And seriously...how cute is Carson.

Fleur said...

What a blast. And all of those modes of transportation, could you ask for anything more? Maybe a seaplane, that's about it.

I love the photo of Carson in the bus. He's such a little man! A well-dressed little man, I might add.