CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Reunited...

I had a very fun and busy weekend this weekend--and it is all because I spent it with my girlfriend, Scarlett.
Saturday, my mom and I met Scarlett and her mom at the Children's Museum for story hour. We ended up spending a few hours there. We watched a group of weird older kids jumping around and telling stories, then we played with puppets and musical instruments. The cutest part about the museum is that there is a life-size Goodnight Moon room. Our moms were so excited about this part. Unfortunately, so was everyone else. We waited patiently to have our picture taken in the little bed with the bunny, in the great green room, next to the telephone and the red balloon--but there were all these annoying big kids messing up the bed. After a while, our moms gave up and took our pictures wherever there was a free patch of floor.
If you can believe it, my mom forgot her camera. She charged her battery in anticipation of the big day, but forgot to put it back in my diaper bag. Sigh...she can be such a flake. Luckily, Scarlett's mom is not as embarrassing as mine, and she remembered to bring her camera and graciously shared her pictures from the day. Here are a few:

In The Great Green Room...

















Playing Music...









Turtle Puppets Are Funny...



So Are Funny Mirrors...





We had so much fun on Saturday that Scarlett and her mom and dad came over to my house on Sunday. Now, I know that this sounds totally absurd and you will want to check to see if my mother was running a fever or something, but she did not take a single picture all day! Scarlett and I were adorable! We were cuter than any baby couple could be! We held hands, we hugged, we hit each other in the face, we pulled hair, we shared and then stole toys...In short, we provided hours of photographic opportunities, but neither of our moms took advantage. Oh well...we'll just have to have another play date soon so they can document it and show you all.

Today, I have been so sad without my Scarlett. I was playing the blues on my new toy piano that Scarlett brought me, when my mom decided to take me over to the MLK Day celebration at the Peabody Museum. Never again. It was like Times Square on New Years Eve. We stayed for about an hour--about the time it took to enter the building, walk to the elevator, wait for the elevator, get to the third floor, see that it was too packed to exit the elevator, go back downstairs, get back in my coat, and fight our way to the exit. It was so exhausting that I fell asleep on the way home.

So that was our weekend! More later!

1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

I can't even tell you how much I love that first photo of the both of you. No one would ever believe that it took at least 1 minute of switching positions/calling out "Carson" in order to obtain such a perfect photo!