CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Baptism

My mom realized today that she never posted about my baptism!

I was baptized the weekend after Christmas in Tennessee, where my parents are from. All my family was there--except for Daddy's half-siblings and their kids, and my mom's younger siblings and their families. I was baptized at St. Mary's church--the same church that my mom and my aunt, uncles, and granddaddy (on Mom's side) were all baptized in. Here are some pictures:


Here I am with my parents, Godparents (Aunt Sofia and Uncle Todd), and Father Finucane.



Here is the whole group: Grandpa Rolly, Babi, Babushka, Aunt Sofia, Aunt Kate, Baby Tully, Mason, John, Uncle Todd, Mom, me, Granddaddy, Daddy, Mimi Kem, Aunt La La, Sam, Uncle Tom, Elizabeth, Betty, Nana, Aunt Christian, Granny, Shuly, and Uncle Preston. Gasp! That was a long list of names! My Great Uncle Johnny and Aunt Randi were there too, but they left before the picture was taken.



My mom's siblings and their kids are not all together very often, so Granny wanted to have a picture. There's Shuly, Uncle Preston, John, Aunt Kate, Baby Tully, Mason, Uncle Todd, Granny, Mom, me, Daddy, Aunt La La (Lauren), Sam, Uncle Tom and Elizabeth.



Here is Babushka holding me. I am wearing some really cool stuff. My gown was made by my Aunt Kate for Cousin Mason when he was baptized. It's amazing. It's too bad you can't see the detail in this picture because it was really beautiful. I loved chewing on it all through the ceremony. I am also wrapped in a Russian baptismal envelope that Babi, Babi's brother and my daddy all wore during their baptisms. It's like 100 years old. It's that so cool? Also, I had a baptismal cloth that my great, great aunt Francie gave to my cousin John when he was baptized. It was hand-made by nuns in Ireland. Can you believe all that cool stuff? My parents thought that was pretty special.



Here I am with my Godmother, Aunt Sofia, and my Godfather, Uncle Todd.



Here is a close-up of the three of us. By the way, in case you didn't know...Sofia is my dad's sister and Todd is my mom's brother.






1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Hooray Poki! What a cool christening gown! Scarlett had a new one worn by her only...so far. We hope to pass it on like yours was. Congrats on the big day. I was about to ask your mom where these picuters were! :)