CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Daffodil Festival!

This Saturday, I had a date with my girlfriend Scarlett. We met up at the Daffodil Festival and Scarlett had a surprise for me: she borrowed a car just like her own so we could both drive around all afternoon. It was so much fun and we were the absolute hit of the whole festival. Every adult oooed and ahhed, while every child eyed us with intense envy. When I would catch one of those other kids looking at us, I would just smile and wave. Not to rub it in their faces or anything, I just wanted to wave.



Sometimes I would try to put my arm around Scarlett, just in case they were looking at her and not our cars. She didn't like it very much though. She thought I was getting fresh.



Of course, it was not all about how we looked. We actually drove our cars too.



I especially liked going in reverse.



Here are our daddies pushing us. I suspect they liked the attention too.



Not only did I get to drive my first car, I also rode my first horse.



It would go really fast! And up and down!



Here is Scarlett and her mommy. Don't they look pretty?



Even prettier than this llama that I met at the petting zoo. (And I thought she was pretty fantastic.)



And maybe even prettier than the real live Miss Connecticut Teen.



Just in case you were wondering, there were daffodils at the Daffodil Festival.



Even though I was, at times, more interested in dried leaves. Scarlett didn't understand why either.



I decided I'd better impress her fast, so I showed her how to properly play with a daffodil. First, you break it in half.



And then, of course, you eat it.



Have you ever noticed how couples start to look alike after a while?



Seriously.

1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Oh...we had so much fun with you guys! Scarlett is glad that Carson thinks she's prettier than Armpit the llama (you do know that is its real name, right?!) and while that Miss Teen CT was good competition, Scarlett said just wait till she grows up and enters that Miss Teen contest. Come the Grimace section of the pageant she'll cream 'em all. She's currently the best scowler in the Northeast. Pretty impressive for an 11 month old.