CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Shower for Baby Jean

One of my mom's best girlfriends from high school, Caroline, is having a baby girl in July and we went to her shower this weekend. We had so much fun!

I like to make an impression, as many of you know, so I made sure to soak my diaper and clothes during the 2 1/2 hours car ride. My mom carried around an extra set of clothes for the first 6 months of my life, but I never needed them, so she didn't bring one this time. Boy, was that a mistake! When we got to the party, Caroline's mother was so nice--she washed my clothes for me and gave me a really cute pair of Japanese pajamas to wear during the party.

Since I entered with a bang, I couldn't just sit around and do nothing the whole time--I had to show all those ladies just what a crazy monkey I am! I was getting into everything. I was going after plates, glasses, shoes, pens, coasters, paper--you name it, I wanted it. My mom was on me like butter on toast! She was slightly embarrassed, because all the other babies there were nice and quiet. Not me! I was walking and crawling and climbing and grabbing and talking...basically, I was trying to terrify the mommy-to-be. Poor Caroline.

Even though I was a crazy monkey, Mom still had a blast seeing her girlfriends. Olivia and her daughter, Michaela (7 1/2 months) were there too. Here are some pictures from our day:

Here I am talking to Michaela and her mom, Olivia. She is a seriously happy baby.



I got a marker! My mom let me play with it for about 5 minutes, until I tried to take off the cap. Apparently, I had some peas on my face--don't worry--it's not marker. Aren't I cute in my Japanese pajamas? They had blue crabs on them!



Here is the Walnut Hill gang: Courtney, Mom, Caroline, and Olivia (with a sleeping Michaela).



They wanted to get my and Michaela's picture in a chair. Good luck!



Actually, I'm being pretty good...



Still being pretty good, but...



Yep--I want down.



And then there was Michaela.



Congratulations Caroline and Baby Jean! We can't wait to meet you!

0 comments: