CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

15 Month Check-Up

Well, today I paid a little visit to my friend and pediatrician, Dr. Blanton. I love that guy, and I think the feeling is mutual. As usual, he told us that I am perfect. And as usual, I said: "Tell me something I don't know, Doc!" Nah, I didn't really say that, instead I played with his super cool stethoscope and blew him kisses.

As with every visit, the nurse weighed and measured me. I weigh 26 pounds and 9 ounces! And I'm 32 inches tall. Not too shabby, eh? I'm pretty much 80th percentile across the board...except for my head circumference, which is only the in 50th percentile. Hey, so I'm a pea head! I'm still wicked smart! I just happened to have only inherited my mom's ears, dimples and tiny head.

There was one pretty enormous difference between today's visit and every other visit to Dr. Blanton's office: I had blood drawn. Not only did I have blood drawn, but I had it drawn in the lab, not in Dr. Blanton's office. And not only did I have it drawn in the lab, but they drew it from my arm. My arm! Like I'm some normal-sized, grown-up person! It took 2 nurses, 1 mommy, 1 dancing Elmo doll and 1 dancing nurse to keep me still while they took an enormous amount of my blood supply (about 1/8 of a vile). I think my mom wanted to cry and scream right along with me, but she held it together. To tell the truth, I was much more upset about all those people holding me down and not letting me lift the arm of the chair up and down than I was about being pricked with a needle. It was over soon enough and everyone in the waiting room waved to me when we left. They must have heard me crying because they were all very sad for me. Then mom stopped by Nica's market on the way home and bought me my new favorite fruit (a nectarine) as a special treat because I was such a good boy.

What a hard day! I bet I'll nap all afternoon!

2 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

My goodness! What did they draw blood for?! Scarlett never had blood drawn. They pricked her finger for an iron test, but to take it out of his little arm?!
Scarlett is 80th except for her head too! But her's is off the charts big. Maybe they could share circumference.

Fleur said...

Oh, that just sounds so traumatizing. I'm glad you both got through it ok! He's going to nap like a champ this afternoon!