CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Poki and Scarlett Show: Episode 1

Scarlett is spending her days with me and my mom this week while her usual daycare provider is on vacation. She arrived at 10:00 am this morning, and the minute she walked in the door, we were like a fun-times tornado and happy kid hurricane, colliding and forming a super-dooper-crazy-fun storm! In other words, we had fun.

Well, to be honest, we didn't actually get off on the smoothest of starts...



And the ride continued to be a bit bumpy...



But then came snack time. Whoever wins this election needs to know one thing: Juice boxes are the answer to World Peace. And if they can smooth that bumpy road that Scarlett and I started off on, I'm certain they can bridge party lines. McCain? Obama? Are you listening? Juice boxes.



After our snack of pears, blueberries and cheese, it was already time for a costume change. I sat in a bunch of blueberries and...well...Scarlett had a little leaky diaper accident. So we stripped down to our skivvies while Mom got us a change of clothes.



Scarlett changed into a beautiful pink ski bunny princess outfit (complete with ears)...



And I changed into some embarrassingly short pants that made me look like some old man who plays chess in the park (when he's not feeding pigeons).



Then we cleaned up...



we played piano (I'll spare you the video/audio of that activity)...



we talked on our phones...



we had a dance party...



and then, at noon, we napped. (Yes, if you are keeping track, all those things happened in under two hours. My mom says if she had twins she would be very skinny).

After napping, we had lunch. Mom made us a wonderful lunch of cheesy english muffins and (soft, cooked) carrots with ranch dressing for dipping. Mom knows how much I love to dip, dip, dip!



And Scarlett does too!



Unfortunately Mom's "brilliant idea" for how to get us to eat veggies backfired when Scarlett decided her carrot was just another utensil for serving up the ranch.

Yes, folks...that's what you might call a ranch mustache.



Finally, after lunch, we went for a walk in Scarlett's wagon.



I know...I was grumpy. She had my phone! I'm having some difficulty seeing another kid with my toys...even if it is my best friend. Mom says this week is going to be a good lesson for me--I just think it's going to be fun! Check back in tomorrow for episode 2!

4 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Wow...you weren't kidding! Those kids were busy! The dancing video is so funny...I had to watch it twice so I could watch each of them individually. I love it when Carson gets the giggles! Aww...it looks like they had so much fun!

Cheeky Baby said...

I just realized that the phone segment is a video. Did you notice how Scarlett offers Carson the toy phone as a trade off for the real cell phone?! She says "Car-key" and gives it to him, and then whines until she gets the other real one! What a little buttface! :)

Penelope said...

Wow - daycare too. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying what their snack was...it looked like minimarshmallows to me. And I was very relieved to see Carson has abandoned the hip thrust move. That could have been embarassing!!!