CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wordsmith

Recently, and perhaps not coincidentally, I have had a surge of bad behavior that happened to go along with a surge of language. After Granny and some of my mom's friends commented about my growing vocabulary, Mom decided to write down everything I said over the course of two days. The results were nothing short of amazing! My mom had no idea that I actually knew so many words. Here is the list, in no particular order:

Help, Eye, Ball, Happy, Man, Turkey, Cheese, Mum Mum (favorite snack), Rain, Max, Leroy, Pippi, Scarlett, Lion, Monkey, Bunny, Shoe, Socks, Dirty, Potty, Poopy, Pee Pee (as in urine), Pee Pee (as in my no-no-special-place), Meatball, Chicken, Apple, Pear, Banana, Milk, Juice, Hand, Wash, Bo Xu (the name of my panda), Boogie (the name of my teddy bear), Bear, Turtle, Bag, Diaper, Elmo, Pillow, Puppet, Door, Moon, Ghost, Boo, Whoa, Wow, Up, Down, Bottom, Cane, Yay, Ready, Kitchen, Hello, Telephone, Hi, Bye Bye, Mommy, Daddy, Hungry, Water, Toothbrush, More, Please, Thank You, Love You, Night Night, Blanket, Book, Dumptruck, Bus, Airplane, Car, Backhoe, Choo Choo, Go, Boom, Yes, No, Bowl, Cup, Spoon, Uh-Oh, Yummy, Yum Yum, Kitty, Doggie, Fish, Bathtub, Bubble, All Done, Here You Go, Hot, Ice, Nice, Broom, Chair, Blueberry, Watermelon, Laptop, Backpack, Coat, Hat, Shirt, Toes, Baby, Two (after Mom says "One"),Boy, Dark, Light, Dip, Vacuum, Rock, That, Meri (my sheep), Duck.

Can you believe it? I'm also now starting to put two words together like "dirty shoe," when picking up Daddy's shoe. Does that count? Cause I hear Mom say "Don't pick up Daddy's dirty shoe, Carson!"

2 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Good lord. At the rate he's going he probably learned 3 more words by the time you finished typing this list.
You really wrote down every word he said for 2 whole days?! Grr...your baby memoirs are going to be so much better than mine! I need to get my act together and start writing some of her words down!

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh, I remember those days. You try and try to get them to talk, celebrate every new word and phrase, then one day, you look at each other and ask "How do I turn it off?". (There is no Off button)