CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

PSS: The Season Finale

While looking at this post, please imagine that this song is playing in the background.

Today was my last day with Scarlett...forever. Or until Saturday when we are going pumpkin picking. Anyway, it doesn't matter when I will see her next. It won't be tomorrow. And it won't be all day. And I am sad.

Our day started a bit differently than the last few days. As soon as Scarlett arrived, Mom changed us into clothes we could get dirty. She had a very special treat planned for us. While she got it all ready, we played in my house.




Then it was time for our treat. Mom decided to face her fears and let us paint!



I loved painting so much. Scarlett liked it to, but she tried to eat it...alot. Anyway, as you could probably guess, we got very, very messy painting, so we got a bath.



After our bath, we were very, very sleepy. Luckily it was time for our naps, so Mom just put us in some pjs and we read some books to chill out a bit. But we didn't really need help chilling out. We were ready for bed.





We crashed big time, people. Mom had no problem at all getting us to sleep.

After our naps, Mom had a very special lunch planned for us. Now, I know what you're thinking--what kind of nutritious, homemade, "fun" lunch did Mom attempt to get us to eat today? Well, you're wrong! The lady finally wised up and made us some chicken nuggets! She did, however, keep to her rule of having a fruit or vegetable at least on the plate, even if she knew we wouldn't eat it. However, that fruit just happened to be watermelon! It was totally the best lunch ever. Here I am trying to fit as many chicken nuggets in my mouth as possible.



Poor Mom. If we had known she was going to make us such an awesome lunch, we might have been nicer to her here:



Did you hear Scarlett mocking her? Oh well. She'll get over it. So, to celebrate our amazing week together, Mom got really gutsy and took us to the playground.









Luckily, we really like playing together, so it was pretty easy for Mom to keep track of us. That is...until I tried to run off with the wagon.



Then we got home and ate some supper. Daddy was there and Scarlett got a little shy and clingy with my mom. Trust me, my mom hated every minute of it--can't you tell?



Finally...it was time to go. Get out the hankies, people. This one is a definite tear-jerker.



Okay, maybe not--but man, Mom really tried to make it a tear-jerker for you! She tried!

Oh my Scarlett. I really will miss you. Mom and I both will. We already do! That's why this post is dedicated in memory of you, Scarlett, and our magical week together. (Start singing the song again, people. Remember? This one.)





1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Aww...sob. She obviously had so much fun with you guys. She woke up this morning and said "Car-key." I said "no...we're going to see Nan today" and she replied "No-oo." I thought they were close friends before, but now it's ridiculous!
I'm framing the handprint painting! I love it! Thanks so much for taking her this past week! Not only did it really help Joe and I out, but she had so much fun. And I had so much fun watching all her fun on your blog! And I love the three pictures of Scarlett at the end of your post. They're by far the best pictures I've ever seen of her!