CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Poki



When you were born, I mourned the loss of you.
Hand on my soft, empty belly, I longed
to feel you move inside me,
and cried when I knew I never would again.
Phantom kicks and flutters
made me miss you even more.

Now, a year later, you cry when I leave the room,
you fall asleep faster the tighter I hold you,
have kisses only for me.
And I wonder if you don’t miss me too.


--------------------------------------------------

But I am glad you are here. I am so very, very glad you are here. Now that I know you, I don’t think I could live a day without you. There is so much you have changed in me—too much to broadcast in a blog. I’ll save those details for a letter only you will see.

I will just say that right away I knew that I must have done something to make God happy. I don’t know how else to explain you.

I love you, Carson.

-Mom

2 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

"Every blade of grass has its own little angel that bends down and whispers, grow...grow." Carson, we wish you the happiest of all birthdays. Thanks for letting us be a part of this past year. There'll be many more where that came from! (Because whether you like it or not - you're stuck with us.) You really are a "beautiful boy," and we love you.
-The Adams clan
(Mom - beautiful video, beautiful poem, beautiful beautiful beautiful boy...congrats on his first birthday. We love you guys.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Carson/Poki/Chunky Monkey Legs...hopefully one day you'll know how lucky you are (just like your mom and dad know how lucky they are). We love you! Aunt La-La, Crazy Uncle Tom, Sam, Liz and Hazel (woof!)