CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Yet Another First

Poki went to the doctor again this morning for this sore throat/cough/fever that he has. He couldn't even hold his head up this morning, poor guy. He saw his usual doctor this time, which perked him up immediately. But that all changed when the nurse walked in with (gasp!) the throat swab. That's right, folks. Poki had his first throat culture. Looking back on it, I think it actually went very, very well. He didn't throw up, he only squirmed a little, and I managed to hold back the screams of "Stop Torturing My Baaaaabyyyyyy!" Don't get me wrong. He cried. He cried more than he ever has in that doctor's office. And you better believe I cried too. (With the internal screams of "Stop Torturing My Baaaabyyyy!").

In the end, the quick test came back negative--thank goodness--and Poki perked up a little after we left. I think he probably figured if he could survive that, he could survive a sore throat and fever. He even walked his dog, Doggie, around the living room for a bit before he went to bed.

So that's our adventure for the day. Another first. Another milestone. Another story for the blog.

-Poki's Mom

1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Poor Poki! I hope he feels better soon! I'm already freaking out at the thought of being Pokiless this weekend. Selfish...I know.