CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Tennessee

After Granny visited my house, Mom and I went back to Tennessee with her for a week. While we were there, Granddaddy had his first ever "Granddaddy weekend." Everyone came in town to spend Memorial Day with Granddaddy at his amazing lake house. My mom spent every summer out at that house when she was growing up, but Granddaddy has recently made alot of really cool changes. This weekend was the first time that we could all enjoy them. Here are some pictures from my weekend at Granddaddy's. There are more on Aunt La La's blog HERE.


What do you think? Am I made for lake-living or what?






Mimi and Granddaddy got a baby pool for me, Dru and Tully. Unfortunately, it was too cold for me, but the older cousins loved it. They invented a game called "torture basketball," where they had to get in the ice cold water if they missed a basket.




Since the pool was too cold, I decided to just play on the dock. Granddaddy built a brand new dock this year and he even included a really big fenced-in area where I could play without Mom having to worry about me falling in the water.




I had so much fun playing with my aunts and uncles--like my Godfather, Uncle Todd...




And Aunt La La...






And Uncle Preston. He plays a mean game of Rocket Boy!




Speaking of Uncle Preston, here he is with Shuly catching some rays. You had to watch out when the sun hit Shuly's new diamond ring (ahem)or you could get blinded. ...Did anyone pick up on that? That's right! Aunt Shuly is officially going to be my aunt! They got engaged that weekend! (It happened to also be the anniversary of when they met). Yaaaaay!




That really made the weekend extra special, but I still think my favorite part was hanging out with Cousin Dru. She was so sweet to me. She's the exact same age as my friend Penelope . Girls that age sure do like babies!




And she even let me play with her kitchen. Let me tell you, people...I loved that kitchen. My mom has spent the last few days searching for a discounted kitchen online for me. I served Mom breakfast and rearranged the contents of the cabinets and fridge--but my most favorite part was the very realistic cordless phone. Check out this video of me in Dru's kitchen, displaying a new word.





In addition to the kitchen and my new favorite cousin, Dru, I also loved all of Granddaddy's doggies. Ripley especially took a liking to me. He followed me (and everyone else) around all weekend with a ball (or stick) and the most pitiful face you will ever see. "Please play with me. Look how sad I am."




And something truly amazing happened that weekend. I sat still. Seriously. That hasn't happened since I learned to crawl. I even move constantly in my sleep. But for some reason, when Uncle Todd played his guitar, I became completely mesmerized.




After a long day of non-stop fun, we were all very tired.
Dru passed out in her chair while watching Dora...




Hazel found a comfy stack of blankets...




And I found my mom and a hammock.

2 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

Glad to see you had so much fun!
Dru has the coolest kitchen ever. That thing is like the size of my kitchen. My real mortgaged kitchen. And how was Carson not trying to play the guitar himself?! That would have surely been a losing battle with Scarlett. Both strings and egos would haven been broken.

Penelope said...

Looks like a great weekend - when are we invited?