CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Milestone!

The other day at the grocery store, when my mom was busy looking for mangoes (my favorite), I grabbed her shopping list and pen and started writing. At least I tried to, but the cap was on the pen. I spent the rest of the shopping trip trying to write a list like Mom does. When I didn't wipe the look of intense concentration off my face, Mom made a beeline for the school supply aisle and bought me my first box of (washable) crayons. When we got home, Mom set up my art station. She taped big pieces of paper to the floor and handed me my box crayons. I immediately began ripping the paper off the floor and chewing on the crayons. It quickly became clear that I was not quite ready for this milestone.

Then this morning, as Mom was busy working on her list of things to pack for our beach vacation, I kept pointing to her pad and pen. So she pulled me up in her lap, took the cap off the pen, and let me go to town. Here is the result: my first drawing!

1 comments:

Cheeky Baby said...

I'm seeing a little Edward Hopper...I threw out Scarlett's first Friendly's crayon experience because it had some of my scribbles on it as examples. Completely tainted. Now, of course, we will be trying again. I'm not brave enough for pen yet though!